Saturday, October 1, 2011

still small

The leaves are changing these days, they aren't quite at their peak, but almost. We had to get outside today. We decided where to go once we were in the car. Red Wing was the destination. The sun shined bright in the blue sky as we meandered through the river bluffs.

Archie boy, you are still small. You were crabby today as we walked by the river, so I fed you on a park bench and then you calmed down and we smooched your cheeks. You make little squeals now that are so cute, and your personality is starting to show up as you start to interact with us more. But you are still my little baby...dependent on us for everything. Pretty soon you will be able to crawl, sit up, eat food and talk, but for now you need us for everything. And I like that. I know soon enough you will want to do everything yourself. So for now I cherish being your mama in the most basic of ways.

Today as you cried in the coffee shop, I just rocked back and forth for a few minutes and you fell asleep in my arms. Once you were in lala land, I had your dad get up to see your little sleeping face. We marveled at how beautiful you are, just like everyone else does. We pulled down your little lip to look at your toothies that are making there way up. Everything about you is so miraculous. Each day a new page of your story is written and we get to watch it all unfold. Thank you for this blessing Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment