Wednesday, October 26, 2011

forgetfulness, consuming vs. doing and personal style

1. Eek, I forgot to blog again yesterday. Maybe since I wrote the post so late at night, the night before I somehow thought it counted...

2. I am realizing some days I would rather read about cool projects on various blogs all day than actually do projects myself. I don't like that. I want to become more of a "doer" without feeling overwhelmed.

3. Ever since I read about Sydney from The Daybook blog on Oh Joy, I have read lots and lots of her archives. Not sure why I became so obsessed. Sadly, she is another mormon blogger, but I did read a cool quote from the Mormon church on her blog that said something like..."Success outside the home will never compensate for failures in the home." Mormons sure know how to knit strong, loving families-- I will give them that. I read one of her posts on how she set out to find her own personal style. I feel like I would like to do the same. I feel artsy and creative, but pulling outfits together from what I own just seems really hard sometimes. It's something I want to work on this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment