Saturday, October 15, 2011

dreams, writing, hand towels and a bonus! ...an organized closet

1. Today has been a great day! After I fed Archer at 8:30 in bed, Darren took him and I slept till 11. And I really slept! I had crazy dreams during that time...one of the dreams was that it was the end of the world and instead of people turning into zombies which is sometimes depicted in pop-culture, people in my dream turned into soccer players. Yes, soccer players. And it was somehow very creepy. They were just kicking balls all around with sullen faces. I was just happy about the deep sleep I got.

2. I would like to become a better writer. I don't know how to use grammar very well. I was inspired by reading From Black High Heels to Tractor Wheels. Ree Drummond writes like she talks and I would like to acquire that skill. I think it's very powerful.

3. I think we are going to try to abolish our massive consumption of paper towels. Sadly, it's one wasteful thing we have been okay with through our whole marriage. But I think buying a bunch of cheap hand towels from IKEA and putting them in a basket will be a better, hopefully comparable solution.

4. I am throwing in a bonus here (#4). I organized my closet today according to pants, cardigans, dresses, skirts tops and sweaters. It felt so liberating. I saw my friend Jayme's organized closet recently and thought to myself, "I deserve that too." I feel organization is something that produces anxiety for me, but I love the outcome. I am feeling like overall I just want to take more ownership of all the things I deep down, truly want...the things that anxiety has robbed me of.

No comments:

Post a Comment