Wednesday, August 29, 2012

the ups and downs of moving at the end of August

ups:
My mom making food for Archie without me asking.
Liz making us a surprise meal out of the kindness of her heart.
Liz comforting and encouraging me when I was breaking down.
A nice fan above my head blowing air on me.
My dad taking a day off of work to clean our garage.
A better day today than yesterday.
Coffee.
Kristina being a reliable friend who helps at a moment's notice.
My grandma and David coming to our house to be of use, so open and willing to help.
Marcy playing with Archie.
New mercies. Thank you, Lord.

downs:
Things all over our temp. house that need to find a home.
The HEAT! it's hot out this week! My skin is broken out and more swollen, we are so used to the AC.
Anxiety. My brain gets to a point where it can't do it anymore then I break down, get overwhelmed and scratch and feel awful about the whole cycle.
Feeling a little scared here, not knowing who lives around us.
Not sleeping well. august insomnia for me seems to be a seasonal pattern for me for some reason.
Feeling unsettled.
Not knowing where things are.

---------------------
But hopeful. I need to keep the big picture in mind. I am home wherever I am with my wonderful Darren and my beautiful baby boy. They make my heart sing, I love them so much. oh man, teary just thinking about them. This is therapeutic to just get it all out there. I feel like I am counseling myself right now, ha! Things will get better, Rachel. There is always good mixed in with the hard stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment