Thursday, June 28, 2012

this week and the farm

Each day I have a moment, some days I have multiple moments where I feel like, "I should really expand upon this thought, this connection, this revelation, flesh this idea out a little further in a blog post." But the thought of actually putting the energy into "creating" a post fizzles the idea of posting. Such is anxiety I guess.

I really like the idea of writing on a regular basis. Not so much to keep record of things, although I like that idea, but more to see thoughts expand.

This week has been, what I would say, a fulfilling week. Archie has been cared for, played with and loved. Things around our house have been cared for. We have seen friends but not been stretched too much. I have worn t-shirts often in the heat, which is a rare treat. I have made progress with how I see myself and my skin. We were poured into by a friend who is able to provide unique perspective on pretty much any topic. I was poured into by my mentor. And I feel like I have paced myself for all that needs to be done for our upcoming road trip this weekend. I made lists, blocked of mental chunks of time for everything that needs to be done and am trying to be realistic about things.

We are off to the farm tomorrow. I love so many things about the farm in Eastern Montana. Sometimes, I think in an idealized sort of way that it would be really fun to live there.

The rolling, endless, wheat fields dotted by the consistent pattern of hay bails...

The big sky full of endless cloud formations...

Cultural differences that feel like a different planet, that make us feel so far away when we are in the same country...

The ultimate home cooked food...

Introducing Archie to farm animals!

Good discussions in the car...

Our family is still so new, the three of us. It's still taking shape, but I love these extended periods of time we have together, to create memories, to laugh...

Being with extended family...

Lots of things to look forward to in this brief trip to the farm. I dream of wandering the rolling hills by myself. I'd kind of like to take a journal and just go sit out amidst the fields for some time of meditation and reflection.


No comments:

Post a Comment