Thursday, September 1, 2011

Farmer's Market baby food

My dear friend Liz is on a kick to preserve all the yuminess of the season in her freezer. I am really excited for her seasonal food blog that is set to launch in the coming month! She has inspired me to take the best of this year's harvest to make baby food for Archer when he will be eating it this winter. I have never bought so many vegetables at the Farmer's Market before! We had to make several trips back to the car with our loot! I spent about $20 for carrots, green beans, parsnips, and multiple varieties of squash. It was my first time at the Midtown Farmer's Market and I was quite impressed with the selection.

The next day, my mom and I then prepped/cleaned all the veggies, chopped them and steamed them and then pureed them all. It was kind of a therapeutic process. We used muffin tins and ice cube trays to store everything. I think I will make another trip in the next few weeks to make more baby food for Archer. It's inexpensive and all organic. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment