Monday, August 29, 2011

This new season

I set up this blog about a month ago without even making a post! I guess that is called "Life with a baby!" Everyday there are things I think of that I want to write down to remember this time as a new mother. Our life changed pretty drastically a little over 3 months ago. We've been taking a lot of pictures and videos and I have been writing down all the little milestones of Archer's sweet little life so far, but I want to remember my feelings and longings of this time...the space in between.

Pretty much everyday I have feelings that fluctuate between:
"Oh my gosh, I love this little boy more than anything on the planet!"
AND
"Thank God he is down for a nap!"

I guess that is just the way of motherhood though. It has been such a sweet journey for me individually and for us becoming a family of three. We have become parents this year, a transition in life that only happens once. We have learned to have more patience with each other, serve each other more fully, and learn what sacrifice really means. All of these learned things have come through hard times of frustration with Archer crying, or realizing one of us has been with Archer for a long time and needs a break or seeing the weariness on one of our faces. Someone told me a few months ago that God uses babies to transform you more into the image of Himself. I really believe that and am thankful for this hard but mostly beautiful season in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment